Criteria for initial LIR delegation
Organizations seeking their first IPv4 allocationmust meet the minimum criteria. Organizations must:
- Have used a /24 ('slash 24') from their upstream provider or can demonstrate an immediate need for a /24
Have complied with applicable policies in managing all address space previously allocated to it
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed plan to use a /23 within a year
Criteria for small multihoming delegations
- An organization is eligible if it is currently multihomed with provider-based addresses, or demonstrates a plan to multihome within one month.
- Organizations requesting a delegation under these terms must demonstrate that they are able to use 25% of the requested addresses immediately and 50% within one year.
IRINN Affiliates with IPv4 but no IPv6 automatically qualify for an appropriately sized block of IPv6 addresses.
- Affiliates with an IPv4 allocation are eligible for a /32 of IPv6
- Affiliates with an IPv4 assignment are eligible for a /48 of IPv6.
Affiliates who already hold IPv4 address space will not pay any resource application fees.
- should be multihomed, or will be soon
- has a single, clearly defined routing policy that is different from the organization's upstream routing policies.